Monday, October 17, 2016

New England Quilt Museum

I’m so delighted to be included in the Confluence show at the New England Quilt Museum!  Two of my latest larger pieces are on exhibit:  Convolutions and Overpass.

In Convolutions I took inspiration from the work of aerial photographer Tom Lamb.  The dusty tacks he photographed emphasize the impacts of drought in our area, making me focus on the convoluted set of responses this drought has inspired.  Hence, the title.  Again, I’m fascinated with the process of expressing these ideas in elegant, reused fabrics.


In Overpass, I challenged myself to work in larger scale.  Again focusing on the drought, I explored the masses of concrete dedicated to containing non-existent rivers. 


This was featured in the entrance!


No comments:

Post a Comment